From Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Podling releases and release policy
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2019 00:24:12 GMT

> On Jun 3, 2019, at 2:33 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> If we required that podling releases adhered to ASF release policy there would be
no need for the disclaimer

> I agree, but if you read the disclaimer is says nothing about releases, perhaps that
needs to change?

Yes, I'd like to change the disclaimer to state that releases cannot be considered completely
reliable, should not be depended on for production, might not have passed all normal Apache
reviews, etc.

I am of the opinion that the board should not need to be involved in telling the incubator
what particular release deficiencies can stop releases. The incubator can certainly ask the
board for advice on proposed change to policy.

Craig

> Thanks,
> Justin

Craig L Russell