From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenWhisk graduation to Top Level Project
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2019 01:41:05 GMT
I have a question below.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 7, 2019, at 6:37 PM, Rodric Rabbah <rodric@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The PMC has individuals from 6 unrelated companies. I think committers add another 2
unrelated companies/entities. We expect to welcome new committers after graduation.

> -r
>
>> On Jun 7, 2019, at 8:25 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I have looked at the contributor distributions as follows:
>>>
>>> - 91 individuals with 1 commit.
>>> - 24 individuals with 2 commits.
>>> - 9 individuals with 3 commits.
>>> - 16 individuals with 4 commits.
>>> - 30 individuals with 5 or more commits (and fewer than 10).
>>> - 22 individuals with 10 or more commits (and fewer than 25).
>>> - 12 individuals with 25 or more commits (and fewer than 50).
>>> - 8 individuals with 50 or more commits (and fewer than 100).
>>> - 19 individuals with a 100 or more commits.
>>
>> Thanks for the information but I was asking about committers not contributors.

This level of contribution is great! At what point does the PPMC consider offering committership
to a contributor?

Regards,
Dave

>>> I don't have a diversity profile per employer. I can try to gather that. Do
>>> you have a suggestion for the easiest way to do this? Maybe infra has some
>>> tools?
>>
>> Just some rough numbers would be fine. Mostly to gauge that the project wouldn’t
be in trouble if a company pulled out.

>>> We are in the process finalizing the PMC proposal and so we can note the
>>> diversity information as we do.
>>
>> Again rough numbers are fine, you don’t have to map this to each person, again
just to gauge that not one company is in control of the project.