From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: LGPL dependency
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2019 08:54:08 GMT
Hi,

> As mentioned above, Webkit is under dual License(BSD and LPGL)

It that was the was you would be OK dual licensed usually mean you can choose the license
you want to use. Sadly as you say this is not the case here but "WebKit is open source software
with portions licensed under the LGPL and BSD”.

> and it’s almost impossible for us to figure out which function is a pure BSD function.

Can Weex work without webkit? It’s OK if it’s an optional dependancy on LGPL code. If
not OK if it requires it.

You can’t include LGPL code in a release. It might be possible for a 3rd party to distribute
one. I suggest you ask on legal-discuss.

Thanks,
Justin