From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Podlings, the Incubator, relationships and Apache
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2019 01:49:39 GMT

´╗┐On 6/24/19, 9:12 AM, "Roman Shaposhnik" <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:

    > What kinds of policy violations truly affect the legal shield if the non-compliance:

    You're asking the wrong question. You're still asking the TLP question.

I'm asking the TLP question to understand how big the difference is between TLP and Podlings.
 If we allow podlings the ability to make releases with certain kinds of issues until they
eventually get one release right, the question still remains that once they graduate and add
some new dependency and make some (what I consider minor) non-compliance, will they be required
to consider all non-compliance a release-blocker?  That would be a big cliff to jump off of
and probably make for some unhappy newly-minted TLPs.

If you are saying that the TLPs get to make a "business decision" that sounds good to me.
 IMO, it would be nice to have some sort of risk profile assessment associated with each release
policy to help TLPs make better business decisions.

My 2 cents,
-Alex