From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Podlings, the Incubator, relationships and Apache
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2019 02:59:56 GMT
Hi,

> Recall that with other PMCs, the PMCs themselves are directly responsible for the development
of the code. Not so with the IPMC.

Where is this documented? Where has the board granted this? It’s not in the IPMC's policy
or in it charter. IMO Until that happens it always going to be a cause of conflict in the
IPMC.

> Incubation should be a... wait for it... 'safe space' (/me ducks) for podlings to learn
the ropes, to fail doing the "normal" things that a PMC must do (including releases), because
that is how people learn best. As long as the outworld world is aware that podlings can not,
and should not, be expected to be "the same" as other PMCs, we are OK.

I don’t disagree that’s where we would like to be, but I fail to see how people outside
the ASF would reach that conclusion. The DISCLAMER, for instance, says nothing about this.

Thanks,
Justin