From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Doris 0.10.0-incubating-rc02
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2019 22:31:14 GMT
Hi,

> I’ll note that there are some archives included in the release which are related to
test cases.

Having compressed archives is not an issue, especially in this case where they contain a few
comma separated numbers. I see one contains binary data but it’s not compiled code. It’s
if the release contains compiled code that the issue. Have I missed something? (I remember
seeing these last time I reviewed their release).

> Under my opinion of what’s permissible on a first release I would likely vote +1,

This is their 3rd release.

> there are copyrights in the LICENSE which should be moved to the NOTICE

Not that I can see, in general copyright statements should not be moved to the NOTICE file
for BSD or MIT licenses. [1] NOTICE will only contain copyrights in the NOTICE files form
other ALv2 licensed software or copyrights from removed headers.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice