From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Podling releases and release policy
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2019 23:50:22 GMT
Hi,

> Point me to where you are not allowed to make non-official podling releases
> that conform to Incubator policy.

I find that hard to parse and perhaps you meant don’t conform to incubator policy? But either
way it’s not incubators policy, it’s the boards and infra policy.

I think  that approving a release [1], or publication [2] might be your answer, where it states
“Projects SHALL publish official releases and SHALL NOT publish unreleased materials outside
the development community.”. Does that cover it?

> Throw on a disclaimer that the podling release is not a Foundation
> release (already being done!) and you're good to go.

The disclaimer doesn’t state that or anything about releases. [3] Perhaps it should?

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval
2. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#publication