From Sheng Wu <wu.sheng.841...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move the Zipkin repos back, as the community has voted to leave.
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2019 00:58:58 GMT
Hi

I am going to start the VOTE, let’s quickly response on that.
From my understanding, there is no meaning to still hold the community.

Please be advised,
Zipkin is just “Retire” from the ASF incubator, not really retire as OSS project.
The community is waiting.

Sheng Wu
Apache Skywalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin

> 在 2019年6月18日,上午4:28,Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> 写道:
>
> Hi -
>
> A retirement VOTE on general@ is required. [1] This is the last formality required. Incubation
is not for every project.

> Then follow [2] as much as possible, but with the exception of transferring the repositories
back to OpenZipken. In addition the IPMC will request that INFRA make read-only RETIRED clones
of each repository.

> Regards,
> Dave
>
> [1] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html#deciding_to_retire
> [2] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html#steps_to_retirement
>
>> On Jun 17, 2019, at 2:52 AM, Sheng Wu <wu.sheng.841108@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Incubator.
>>
>> As a Zipkin incubator mentor, I am asking to make Zipkin all repositories back to
original OpenZipkin org as soon as possible.

>> They have done a public ml vote, result is here[1].
>> Also, with no transfer happened about Zipkin trademark, logo, domain, so, there is
no such thing about return the trademark or permission of using Zipkin name.