From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Move the Zipkin repos back, as the community has voted to leave.
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2019 20:28:45 GMT
Hi -

A retirement VOTE on general@ is required. [1] This is the last formality required. Incubation
is not for every project.

Then follow [2] as much as possible, but with the exception of transferring the repositories
back to OpenZipken. In addition the IPMC will request that INFRA make read-only RETIRED clones
of each repository.

Regards,
Dave

[1] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html#deciding_to_retire
[2] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html#steps_to_retirement

> On Jun 17, 2019, at 2:52 AM, Sheng Wu <wu.sheng.841108@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Incubator.
>
> As a Zipkin incubator mentor, I am asking to make Zipkin all repositories back to original
OpenZipkin org as soon as possible.

> They have done a public ml vote, result is here[1].
> Also, with no transfer happened about Zipkin trademark, logo, domain, so, there is no
such thing about return the trademark or permission of using Zipkin name.