From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Incubation Pain Points
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2019 09:37:23 GMT
Hi,

> The biggest fix I’d suggest for the incubator is parallel voting

Worthy of consideration (please start a thread), but IMO we want to be careful it doesn’t
overwhelm the IPMC. I’ve seen some RCs got through 10+ votes, and most go through 2 or 3.
That’s potentially 2 or 3 or 5x more calls for votes on the IPMC list, unless we modify
it somehow or somehow get more IPMC members to vote on releases it’s going to need some
careful consideration.

Some discussion on legal discuss and in the last board report may help reduce the requirement
for revotes like that.

> after an IPMC vote failed yet again on some aspect that the
> community is not interested in at all (but should be, but still isn’t).

Or alternatively how could a podling get the community (or it's mentors) to pick up these
things before the IPMC vote? In theory your mentors should pick up any issues that the IPMC
finds, in practise that doesn't always happen.

Thanks,
Justin