From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuweni 0.8.0
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2019 11:21:17 GMT
<off topic>

This speech policing is starting to get quite on my nerves. Especially when it ignores the
intent behind such things... 99% of the time the smiley is there to say "Yeah, I know that
sounds harsh, but it's a little joke". It is an attempt to replicate in text what is natural
in "real life"... when someone says something and then, to defuse the situation a little,
smiles.

This is how people talk. This is how people communicate.

Let's all recall that one of the big tenets in 1984 is that if you can control how people
talk, you can control how they think. Can we PLEASE not go there.