From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT] Board proposal on podling releases
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2019 00:42:59 GMT
Hi,

> My understanding as an IPMC member is that there are some items in a release that can
be  allowed where they would not be in a TLP release. These things have historically drawn
-1 votes from IPMC members.

Historically we have allowed such releases and they got +1 votes. If you look as several recent
votes you see issues that would very likely be -1 votes on a TLP.

> I think there is consensus that a podling release does not have to conform in every respect
to what we expect from a TLP release.

I agree.

> The detail of what is minor versus what it a blocker is the most important thing that
needs clarity. As of now, I don't see consensus although I see movement.

I think we’re close to be able to come up with a list that  people can agree on. There's
perhaps only one or two items that people don’t agree on. I think that would be useful no
matter what the outcome of this proposal.

But that leaves the issue that some people (including ex board members and podlings) have
asked we should be more lenient than that. I don’t think the IPMC could do so without permission
from the board, hence this proposal.

Thanks,
Justin