From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT] Board proposal on podling releases
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2019 22:35:00 GMT
Hi,

> My takeaway from your responses is that the key factors are:
> 1) legal right to distribute.
> 2) no downstream limitations on field of use.

I think most people have seen saying that are “legal”, that would be more restrictive
that what the IPMC currently practices.

> which I agree with and see no reason to change it.  However, that implies that other
policy compliance issues (missing source headers, not-quite-right handling of LICENSE and
maybe NOTICE) are not showstoppers

Well a lot of LICENSE issues fall into above categories.

> and can be addressed in a future release, and that would save time not only for podlings,
but for TLPs as well.

The incubator has no remit over TLPs, that is a conversation for another list.

Thanks,
Justin