From Rodric Rabbah <rab...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk Runtimes v1.13.0-incubating
Date Mon, 06 May 2019 14:14:18 GMT

Thank you Justin for the feedback. I opened several defects to address all the points you've
raised.
For reference:

- https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-go/issues/87
- https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-go/issues/86
- https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-go/issues/85
- https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-docker/issues/69
- https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-python/issues/58

-r

On 2019/05/04 23:09:10, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> I checked all releases:
> - incubating in artefact names
> - signatures and hashes fine
> - NOTICE and LICENSE fine in most cases (but see below)
> - Some files have incorrect headers (e.g [1]) or missing headers [2]. This has been brought
up before in previous releases.
> - No unexpended binary files
> - I didn’t try and compile
>
> LICENSE issues:
> - All releases include gradlew and gradlew.bat these files do not have headers and these
3rd part files are not mentioned in the LICENSE.
> - The go LICENSE incorrectly states you should add "Copyright 2015-2016  IBM Corporation”
to your own files
> - the text of the license for Filetype 1.0.5 is not included (as required by it's license).
The pointer to the licenses should point to a copy of the license in distribution as licenses
and URLs can change over time.
> - How is this file licensed? [3] Even if is it a “free” license it may have terms
around distribution that make it incompatible with the Apache license, and even if not then
it still good to list it in LICENSE.