From Kenneth Knowles <k...@apache.org>
Subject How do I go about podling I.P. clearance for the initial codebase?
Date Mon, 13 May 2019 19:24:04 GMT
Hi incubator,

I am mentoring Datasketches and I am not clear on the I.P. clearance
process for new podlings. We have a collection of filed ICLAs and SGA. What
do I do now?

Here are the resources I know of and have tried to incorporate into doing
my own homework:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ip_clearance.html: podling guide for
I.P. clearance talks about the big picture, and then links to...

https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/: I have done this clearance for
new additions to Beam but despite the link from the podling guide it says
it is not for new projects, and then links to...

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html: linked from the above via a
couple of routes, has a self-link
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#initial-ip-clearance which
is a dead link.

So I have looked over
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?general@incubator.apache.org for any
threads about the issue, or for any sign that there was a lazy consensus
clearance thread. I simply did not find anything, perhaps due to my own
skill at searching.

Any pointers or tips? Have I simply missed the details of the process in
one of those pages?

Kenn