From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zipkin (incubating) version 2.14.0
Date Sat, 18 May 2019 23:30:01 GMT
I'd second Geertjan's comments about how helpful (even though it probably
seemed painful at the time) Justin's comments were for Apache Groovy during
our incubation.

Perhaps it is worth re-reading some of the reasons why The ASF values
highly the provenance behind all of the software in its builds (probably
3rd para is the most relevant):

http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#why

I have also found Justin's ApacheCon talks very interesting. I couldn't
find the most relevant one but one with additional tools for looking at
large code bases can be found here:

https://static.sched.com/hosted_files/apachecon2016/75/CodeAnalysis_ApacheCon2016.pdf

Cheers, Paul.