From Maxime Beauchemin <maximebeauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Superset 0.32.0 based on Superset 0.32.0 RC2
Date Wed, 01 May 2019 00:34:14 GMT
FYI I'm working integrating the feedback and working towards the next RC.

I started working on build instructions and things were getting quite
complex while building from source, and adding steps like the os-level
deps, creating the `.po` files, building the JS, and these instructions
tend to not be perfectly reproducible across environments, so I decided to
write a Dockerfile that builds from source instead of docs or a bash
script. Eventually that can evolve to run assertions on the build (running
tests, checking keys, ...) in a reproducible fashion. The built package can
be extracted from the docker image, or the Dockerfile can be used as a
reference if someone needed to make an equivalent bash script.

Similarly, I'm thinking about using a Dockerfile for the process of
packaging the source release, since the process forces a "git clean" that
can be harmful to existing environments.

Max