From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Generating + formatting the Board report from the website?
Date Mon, 20 May 2019 10:23:52 GMT
Hi,

It seems like there was some trouble and manual work to generate the
Board report since switching to https://cwiki.apache.org/incubator

As an experiment that should make this easier, I have created a small
pipeline that starts from a text file in Git [1], uses a script to
sanitize that file [2] and publishes the result at [3], an HTML page
that includes the report in a <pre> block.

Thanks to Dave's great work in making publishing fast, it only takes
about a minute from changing [1] to seeing the results at [3].

The idea is that people would edit the former and use the latter to
verify that the formatting and sanitizing didn't break their report.
And no more formatting work for the PMC chair, the report should be
automatically good to go - and if not the preprocessing script can be
tweaked to achieve that.

WDYT?

If we don't like this or find a better solution it's a single commit
to revert, [4]

-Bertrand

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator/blob/master/report.txt
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator/blob/master/preprocess_content.sh