From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Missing Mentors
Date Fri, 10 May 2019 03:24:34 GMT
Hi,

A while back we went though the process of identifying missing mentors and t was discussion
that there a good correlation between not signing off reports and being missing. Whimsey has
a page that tracks this [1].

From  [1] I can see a number of mentors that have not been signing off reports. Do people
think it time to ask those mentor who are not being active to either become more involved
or step down?

The good news is that with some mentors standing down (who appear on that list), and some
projects graduating there’s only only 13 mentors I’ve identified that we need to check
if they still want to continue or have the time to help their podling out. That’s huge improvement
over last time.

There also seems to be another (slightly weaker correlation) that more than 1/2 of these people
have not signed up to the podlings private list. Now mails can be read on list.apache.org
but that’s probably another good indicator along with not signing or reports and not checking
releases.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/signoff.cgi