From leerho <lee...@gmail.com>
Subject How to move code and docs from GitHub to GitHub
Date Fri, 10 May 2019 19:08:41 GMT
I am in the process of trying to move code from our current GitHub
repositories to the newly assigned Apache incubator GitHub repositories.  I
could use some advice on the best way to do this.

So far, I have used the command

$ > git push --all --tags --repo=git@github.com:apache/incubator-<repo>.git

This pushes code and tags from my laptop *clone* of our current repo to the
apache repo.  But it does not transfer important *release documentation*,
which is a feature of the GitHub repo website.

Is there a way to effectively copy everything (code, tags, documentation,
etc) directly from our current origin GitHub repo to the Apache repo?
Without having to use my laptop clone in the middle? AND without wiping out
the current origin GitHub repo?

Otherwise, I am having to manually copy and paste all the associated
release documentation!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks