From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zipkin (incubating) version 2.14.0
Date Sat, 18 May 2019 12:12:48 GMT
As mentor is member of PPMC and IPMC, it could speed up the voting
process by getting the mentor involved at the earlier stage.
Normally we just wait for the PPMC to do the technical check then we
go through the License check in the IPMC vote.
But for Zipkin,  there are lots of community releases which are built
on top of auto tools,  so I think it's much safer for us to start a
parallel vote both PPMC and IPMC.

Any thoughts?

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 4:54 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > This vote is running concurrent with the above, carrying over 3
> > binding +1 votes from mentors Willem Ning Jiang, Sheng Wu and Andriy
> > Redko.
>
> Given that people can change their vote I would suggest you not do this in future but
wait until the podling vote is over. If an issue was found and the vote cancelled then IPMC
may not be so inclined to vote of future votes, it also means you’re asking the IPMC to
vote without full information on the outcome of the podling vote. there are no carry over
votes here because the voting on the podling list has not been finished.