From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Podling status Copyright section
Date Wed, 15 May 2019 05:54:56 GMT
I do not like the words "transfer rights".  It could be interpreted as transfer of copyright.
 Copyright of existing code is not transferred to the ASF, AIUI.  How about "Check to make
sure that an SGA or CCLA has been received."

I don't like hypotheticals, but I can imagine some individual starting a project on GitHub,
has only a few files already under ALv2, and gets a project going at the ASF?  Wouldn't we
accept those few files under his ICLA and not require an SGA or CCLA?

I'd suggest dropping the second sentence ("it is necessary to transfer rights...").  AIUI,
it is only necessary to grant a perpetual license to the ASF.

I like your third sentence.

HTH,
-Alex