From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Generating + formatting the Board report from the website?
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 13:19:18 GMT
Hi,

> The duplication problem was fixed by changing the incubator report to
> not have lines starting with dashes surrounding the TOC.

I’m not 100% sure it fixed, as it happened again after that. It’s happened 4 or 5 times
from memory, each time it need to be fixed manually.

> There actually is special case logic, including tests, for reflowing
> incubator reports.  Here are the tests:
>
> https://github.com/apache/whimsy/blob/master/www/board/agenda/spec/reflow_spec.rb

I’m not familiar with Ruby so that doesn’t mean a lot to me.

> What we haven't had is someone write down the rules for reflowing
> incubator reports.

Reflow so that they are human readable is a little hard to write down. :-) Mostly it because
of the wide variation of formatting podlings submit their reports in. For instance one podling
last month neglected to use newlines and was a solid block of text. I’m not sure we could
easily auto-fix that.

Thanks,
Justin