From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Podling status Copyright section
Date Wed, 15 May 2019 05:36:33 GMT
Hi,

> "Check to make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the ASF been received (SGA
or CCLA). It is necessary to transfer rights for any existing package and core code. Any new
code produced by the project must be covered by ICLA."

While clearer, I just want to check it covers all cases? I know in some cases both a SGA and
CCLA was needed, I assume the company thought it needed one when we don’t actually care?
I can see we’re covered by ICLAs in the case where we have SGA+ICLAs and CCLA+ICLA.

What would happen in the case where we had CCLA+ICLAs and the company then turned around and
said everything pass the CCLA is ours as our employee contracts state so? Hypothetical and
unlikely to happen I know but I’m curious to know. I think if this happen doesn't matter
given the code base is under ALv2 and basically free for all to use. I would reason that the
copyright owners just are not who we thought they are ie. the company owns it not the individual
contributors, but  there’s no real effect from that change of ownership so we don’t care?

Thanks,
Justin