From Christofer Dutz <cd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache PLC4X (incubating) as a TLP
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2019 07:47:04 GMT
Hi all,

as there seem to be no objections, I'll start the VOTE.

Thanks,
Chris

On 2019/04/04 13:59:15, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Since Apache PLC4X (incubating) entered the incubator in December 2017 we have attracted
quite a number of new PPMCs,
> committers and contributors that didn’t have any experience with Apache and the Apache
Way.

> However have we managed to educate these new individuals and have grown to a community
that operates nicely following
> the Apache Way. All issues reported have been addressed and our last releases usually
passed without any objections.

> We recently had a discussion on graduation [5] and just finished a community vote [2]
on the matter which resulted in 7 (binding) +1, 1 (non-binding) +1 and no 0 or -1 votes [1].
> In another discussion prior to the vote we decided to reduce the number of PMCs/Committers
to those existing who explicitly expressed the wish to be included [3].
> This was due to the fact that when setting up the project outside of Apache, a lot of
my colleagues initially expressed the wish to participate and we included them in the initial
contributor list.
> However most of these never did anything and some didn’t even sign up for our mailing
lists.
> Some have expressed the wish to go emeritus and we used a vote [4] to define the initial
PMC for the TLP.