From Julian Feinauer <jfeina...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft incubator report
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2019 08:43:05 GMT
Hi,

thanks for your clarification. I can only speak for myself and I try to involve in discussions
where I think I can be helpful or where I have a strong opinion (usually from the podling
perspective).
But, of course, I do not want to disturb things or annoy people on these lists, so I was a
bit confused by the sentence, as it is, indeed, a public list.

If its these "drive-by comments" that arre annoying then I would name that so, e.g. "What
seems less helpful in some cases is involvement of non-IPMC members which drop comments and
leave the discussion then."

But, I can also live with your clarification.

Julian

On 2019/04/09 08:31:03, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > The last sentence indicates that non-IPMC members should not involve on this list?
Is this the case?

> Well we can’t stop them from being involved, and nor IMO should we,  it is a public
list after all. And most of the time they can be useful and helpful, it's just in some cases
they are not. it was more a summary of the several “drive-by comments” threads/conversations
we had.