From Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE][LAZY][IP CLEARANCE] Sling Journal-based Content Distribution
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2019 08:31:28 GMT
On Tue, 2019-04-09 at 18:16 +1000, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have been
> > updated to reflect the new ASF copyright: done, all source code
> > files
> > have the ASF header in the supplied archive.
>
> Sorry I think the documentation you followed may be a little
> misleading, as the ASF doesn’t claim copyright, and if the headers
> have been updated it's sort of hard to check IP clearance :-)

Ack. My understanding is that the source code has been "offered", for
lack of a better word. The ASF has yet to "accept" it, which is the
point of this vote.

I have also looked at a few recent contributions

- http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/arrow-rust-datafusion.html
-
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/openwhisk-composer-python.html
- http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/felix-system-readiness.html

All of them contain 'Licensed to the ASF' headers. So this seems to be
the actual practice.

How would you suggest that we proceed?

Thanks,

Robert