From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Draft incubator report
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2019 09:26:00 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 10:43 AM Julian Feinauer <jfeinauer@apache.org> wrote:
> ...If its these "drive-by comments" that are annoying then I would name that so, e.g.
"What
> seems less helpful in some cases is involvement of non-IPMC members which drop
> comments and leave the discussion then....

I agree that drive-by comments are sometimes a problem here but I
don't think they necessarily correlate with people being on the IPMC
or not.

IMO the problem is people commenting on topics that they are not
involved in, without checking prior comments or the prior history of a
given discussion.

So maybe

***
What seems less helpful in some cases is 'drive-by' comments, where
people comment without necessarily checking prior facts or history,
and also sometimes leave discussions hanging. We should all be careful
in the relatively vast "Incubator space" to inform ourselves about the
actual context of the things we are commenting on, and we count on
mentors, who are closer to their podlings, to set things straight when
such comments are made.
***

-Bertrand