From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache NetBeans (incubating) as a TLP
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2019 06:38:28 GMT

> On 8 Apr 2019, at 06:22, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 6:14 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
> wrote:
>
>> - What the situation with https://netbeans.org website?
>>

> That question is too open-ended. What is your concern?
>
> Cheers,
> -g

OK, I'll bite.  I haven't been following this discussion, but the
question is one that affects other podlings too.

I see netbeans.org carries Apache branding.  Is that OK?

To answer that, I would want to ask who owns and controls it.
Especially the control question.  If the control is not Apache -
if the site contents are managed by a community that differs
from the Apache community (maybe a subset of the project
committers, or - far worse - a contributing *company*) -
that would seem to suggest a less-than-open community
around the site, and I'd worry about Apache branding of it.

--
Nick Kew