From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Podling use of StackOverflow
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2019 07:42:56 GMT
Hi,

> - We should -not- stress about whether SO is used by our contributors (to
> create contributions) and/or (its derivatives are) included in Apache
> projects.

Did you read currently legal policy on including CC-BY-SA licensed code? (not matter where
it comes from) It’s considered category X so that would be against current ASF legal advice.
[1],"Thus their inclusion shall be appropriately labelled and only in binary form.”, but
if in doubt ask on legal discuss. CC-BY-SA images, sounds, fonts etc can be included. [2]

But that is a seperate issue from having people use the service as you point out.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.tavfrna.incubator.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#cc-by
2. http://www.tavfrna.incubator.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#cc-sa