From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Superset 0.32.0 based on Superset 0.32.0 RC2
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2019 08:15:24 GMT
Hi,

- okay :-) I'm a bit confused here but fine
- they are not? I dont follow? How would you suggest making them binary then?

And yes I agree there are more pressing issues. The roboto fonts are in fact ALv2 (https://github.com/apache/fineract-site/tree/master/font/roboto
), the glyphs fonts are the more serious ones and the incubator name. On the other hand the
initial picture you painted seemed quite grim but these issues can be overcome relatively
easy.

Cheers
Bolke

Sent from my iPhone

> On 27 Apr 2019, at 09:45, justin@classsoftware.com wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Can I assume that we are doing the right thing now for the CC-BY 4.0 in NOTICE and
LICENSE.

> You're not :-) but it not a major issue as as I said, it doesn’t need to be fixed in
this release. If files were modified then you might need to list those changes in NOTICE but
then AFAIK it’s not going to be ALv2 compatible.

>> On the GeoJSON, these are actually compiled from the shape files that Diva GIS makes
available. So while they are human readable, I would consider these ‘binary’?

> Well they not are they and that's the issue. I suggest you ask on legal discuss about
this on what to do and move forward. But there are more serious issues e.g. incubating missing
from name and the font licensing issue that I think also need to be considered.