From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP(take2)
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2019 23:40:50 GMT
Hi Justin

> I assume the maturity documentation linked to in the discussion is slightly out of date?
[1] as it states "The community has elected 1 new committer and 1 PPMC member during incubation,
based on meritocracy.”.

Yes and thanks for pointing this out.
I have updated the document[1]. Now it states "YES. The community has elected 9 new committers,
3 of them also as PPMC members, during incubation, based on meritocracy."

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SKYWALKING/Apache+Maturity+Model+Assessment+for+SkyWalking

------------------
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

From:  "justin"<justin@classsoftware.com>;
Date:  Mon, Mar 4, 2019 04:56 AM
To:  "general"<general@incubator.apache.org>;
Cc:  "dev"<dev@skywalking.apache.org>;
Subject:  Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP(take2)

Hi,

>> SkyWalking is making more consensus decisions via the ML, including discussions and
decisions on issue, test, release, new committer and branding issues. Since the last graduation
discussion, the community has voted in 9 new committers, 3 of them also as PPMC members.

I assume the maturity documentation linked to in the discussion is slightly out of date? [1]
as it states "The community has elected 1 new committer and 1 PPMC member during incubation,
based on meritocracy.”.

>> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache SkyWalking PMC be and hereby is tasked
>> with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open
>> development and increased participation in the Apache SkyWalking
>> Project; and be it further

I suggest you remove this section, bylaws are not required.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SKYWALKING/Apache+Maturity+Model+Assessment+for+SkyWalking