From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject Re: Withdraw from Incubator or TLP status?
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 06:36:31 GMT
Hi

> 1. In the incubation period, because of some special matters, is it also entitled to
voluntarily withdraw?

I think it could be. But I hope this would not happen.
Such as the community doesn't think the ASF fits their requirements(not common case),
or retire from incubator because of leaking activities for a long time.

> After becoming a TLP, can this TLP still have the right to voluntarily withdraw?

I assume you said TLP has right, it means the original contributor team(or company) has right.
Correct me if I am wrong.
During the incubator and graduate successfully, the PMC of TLP should be diversity,
new PMC/committer should join the community because of it is open sourced, some may because
trusting ASF.
If your withdraw means close sources, even it just means open out of ASF,
I doubt it will success from the PMC vote.

Just my thought:) It is really rare to have this, except retirement, which happens sometimes,
sadly.

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108