From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject 回复:答复: Problems subscribing to SkyWalking (Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP(take2))
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2019 16:16:00 GMT
I re-tried several times. For foxmail web tool, I  am using, only reply directly works. But
the link always fail. But just for some ones

Strange mail web tool.

I am happy this resolved. Thanks for helping. Hope the other two could find out why... Tomorrow.

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin

From Wu Sheng 's phone.

发件人: sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2019年3月5日 00:02
收件人: general <general@incubator.apache.org>, dev <dev@skywalking.apache.org>
主题: 回复:答复: Problems subscribing to SkyWalking (Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache
SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP(take2))

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 at 15:53, 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu.sheng@foxmail.com> wrote:

> > Maybe their mailers are also adding spurious characters to the To: address.
>

> That is really hard to know.

Not really, you just have to look at the headers of the mail.

These may be available in their mail client in the Sent folder; GMail
seems to show them.

Otherwise, if they copy themselves (*) or someone else on the mail,
they can look at the raw email to see what was sent.
(*) This won't work with GMail as it hides duplicates - in this case
the incoming mail.

> Dongxue and Kai
>

> Could you try to type the private-subscribe@skywalking.apache.org manually, and try again?
Tomorrow.
> Also,
> You could try John's option, https://whimsy.apache.org/committers/subscribe . Just not
work to me.

> ------------------
> Sheng Wu
> Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin
> Twitter, wusheng1108

> From:  "sebb"<sebbaz@gmail.com>;
> Date:  Mon, Mar 4, 2019 11:47 PM
> To:  "吴晟 Sheng Wu"<wu.sheng@foxmail.com>;
> Cc:  "dev"<dev@skywalking.apache.org>; "general"<general@incubator.apache.org>;
> Subject:  Re: 答复: Problems subscribing to SkyWalking (Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache
SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP(take2))

> On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 at 15:26, 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu.sheng@foxmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Sebb
> >
> > I just send mail in dev@skywalking, just realize you may be not there. This is my
reply.

> > > I just replied, and it worked fine; they are shown as being on the list.
> >
> > Have no clue why :(. Tried multiple times, always fail. But for some, success.
> >
> > > Can you forward some example failure mails directly to me please?
> >
> > Sent two examples to your personal mail.
>
> Thanks
> I replied already in the thread.
> Your emailer is adding some extra text to the To: address which I
> think is confusing ezmlm.
>
> > > Who gets nothing?
> >
> > They, Dongxue(1151262684@qq.com) and Kai(oracle219@gmail.com), sent mail to private-subscribe@skywalking.apache.org.
> > But nothing comes back to him, I remember, there should be a confirm mail to subscriber,
right?
> > or moderators like me. I assume you don't get them too.
>
> Yes, there should be a confirmation mail.
> I have so far only seen mod requests for Allen.Wang
>
> Maybe their mailers are also adding spurious characters to the To: address.

> > Sheng Wu
> > Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin
> > Twitter, wusheng1108

Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP(take2))