From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Whimsy general@ subs check (was: [DISCUSS] introduce "[DISCUSS]" threads for podling non-ASF release candidates)
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2019 09:29:49 GMT
Hi,

> And haven't we *just* been talking about have too many cooks in the
> kitchen? Too much drive-by and bikeshedding?

I would guess that none participate in either lists but I guess we’ll find out.

> ... I see zero problem trimming a hundred people out of the IPMC. The very concept of
200+ PMC
> Members is kind of self-explanatory broken.

OK I’m put to the IPMC and if people agree they should be removed I go ahead and do that.
As merit doesn’t expire they can ask to be added back if they want to be involved.

When it was mentioned in the board report it got no comments. [1]

"A large number (100+) of IPMC members are not signed up to the private mail
list, each was sent emails asking them to sign up. A couple asked to be
removed from IPMC but the majority of those contacted have not signed up.
There's probably not much more that can be done about this."

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2018/board_minutes_2018_12_19.txt