From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP(take2)
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2019 09:38:21 GMT
On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 at 09:13, Mick Semb Wever <mck@apache.org> wrote:

> > I’m still not 100% sure that this project its ready to graduate.
> > Looking at the roster [1] only 1/2 the the proposed PMC members are
> > signed up to the projects private list. Some of the people suggested
> > have limited interaction on the mailing list(s)  and in a couple of
> > cases have never sent an email to them that I can find. How was this
> > PMC list determined and where was this discussed? Perhaps the roster
> > needs to be adjusted in the proposal for it to be accepted by the IPMC?
> > What do others think?
>

> Yeeaah, something that's not catching me off-guard  :-)
>
> I noticed this before we started this thread. We went through the roster and most of
those "missing" are subscribed with other (non-apache) addresses.

Whimsy currently shows 6 PPMC members who are not subscribed.
It was 8 when I checked earlier, but two subscriptions were added earlier today.

There are no unrecognised emails on the private@ list; all are
subscribed either with their ASF email or an email that is listed in
their LDAP record. So the list of PPMC members without subscriptions
is accurate in Whimsy.

Yesterday, 8 of the 13 PPMC members were not subscribed to the private
list. (The 4 mentors are subbed)

> Most of them are there and have been involved, also discussion on the private ML is frowned
upon except for votes on new committers/ppmc or security issues, so more activity is present
on dev and notifications. There are two that have been quiet/inactive, but they remain trusted,
so I would hesitate to remove them (as per norm for ASF projects).