From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Responsibilities and Improvements (was: Re: Whimsy general@ subs check (was: .... introduce "[DISCUSS]" threads for podling ... release candidates))
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2019 08:49:51 GMT
On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 at 03:45, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I agree that it's not ideal but it is not a symptom of a big problem either. We
have inactive IPMC members who might become active again later if a community wants to join
the incubator but it's a hassle to leave and then join again.

> Some context, over 300 projects have gone through the incubator, 50 are there currently,
each requires a champion and 3 mentors at the start (all IPMC members), even with some mentors
working on multiple podling it's not surprising the IPMC is 300 people or so. Nor should it
be that a large number of them are inactive as most of the projects they were involved in
have graduated (or retired).

+1

> But despite this some still think it is an issue so we IMO we should address it, unless
they change their minds, and say so here.

Personally, I don't think that is a reason to reduce the IPMC count.
I think it needs to be established WHY it is thought to be an issue first.