From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject [website] Do we still need the Clutch report?
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2019 16:20:51 GMT
Hi,

I was looking at streamlining the incubator.a.o website generation,
currently the build script at [1] calls "python3 clutch.py" to build
the http://incubator.apache.org/clutch/ page.

Is that information still useful considering how our workflows have
evolved over time?

Whimsy provides lots of useful information under
https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/ which is generated
automatically from LDAP AFAIK, so more reliable (hopefully not derived
from clutch data, we should verify that) and maybe sufficient.

I also think we should eliminate the XML files under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/projects/
if the relevant data is in LDAP, to eliminate data duplication, or at
least drastically simplify them, but that's another story.

-Bertrand

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator/blob/master/build_site.sh