From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] introduce "[DISCUSS]" threads for podling releases
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2019 09:54:35 GMT
On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 10:18 AM Myrle Krantz <myrle@apache.org> wrote:
> ...What's different than now is that rather than pretending non-ASF releases
> don't exist, we are offering podlings the opportunity to use them to learn
> and prepare for ASF releases....

Ok, if it's specific about non-ASF releases it should be named like that IMO.

[DISCUSS] threads have existed forever.

If the new thing is to encourage podlings to discuss non-ASF releases
instead of doing them in their own corner, why not. But it shouldn't
make it appear as we are encouraging such releases - they are useful
in some case, for transitions, but not really useful towards
graduating which is our goal.

Anyway...if there's a majority for going the way you suggest, I won't
stand in the way.

-Bertrand