From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [website] Do we still need the Clutch report?
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 12:11:45 GMT
Hi Dave,

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 8:29 PM Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> ...The files under content/projects in xml are the complete detailed status of every
podling that is or has been through the Incubator...

Yes but I suspect a lot of information in there is out of sync, being
duplicated in LDAP, in the YAML files that you mention for Whimsy etc.

I'm +1 on keeping that content around for historical purposes but I
suspect it its not very useful for our current workflows.

As an example: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/projects/netbeans.xml
- I'm a mentor so in theory I should keep that file in sync with
reality but I don't think that brings any value. All that information
is available from more reliable sources, LDAP etc.

> ...Whimsy also uses yml files under content/podlings/ to document some of the same information
that is in the xml. I think
> that this better conforms with our current workflows. I think that the data here should
be made to override and
> replace the xml files somehow....

+1

I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-231 to
track this general "website cleanup" effort, I suggest that we note
additional findings there.

-Bertrand