From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Whimsy general@ subs check (was: [DISCUSS] introduce "[DISCUSS]" threads for podling non-ASF release candidates)
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2019 08:52:39 GMT
On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 5:33 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Ask the Board to remove them. To participate on the IPMC, you should be
> subscribed to private@
>
> At first glance you would be asking to remove yourself btw :-)

hahaha... look, rather than glance :-) ... I've been subscribed to
private@incubator since it was created in 2002. Damned youngster!  (just
grep for gstein)

> However I assume some IPMC members use lists.apache.org or perhaps are
> listed under a different email (which is your case I think).

Then make them state that explicitly. And also recognize that reading
archives is passive. You're not handling Committee email reactively.

And most probably do not participate. Would asking for those 100 odd people
> to be removed come across as friendly?

So? "I want to be on the IPMC" "Are you going to participate?" "No." "Then
g'bye."

And haven't we *just* been talking about have too many cooks in the
kitchen? Too much drive-by and bikeshedding? ... I see zero problem
trimming a hundred people out of the IPMC. The very concept of 200+ PMC
Members is kind of self-explanatory broken.

Cheers,
-g