From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Responsibilities and Improvements (was: Re: Whimsy general@ subs check (was: .... introduce "[DISCUSS]" threads for podling ... release candidates))
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2019 06:19:14 GMT
On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 10:37 PM Ross Gardler <ross@gardler.me> wrote:

> If a podling is a committee in its own right then it can be empowered to
> act on behalf of the board and this its releases can be an act of the
> foundation.

> Podlings would only become full TLPs once they have demonstrated their
> ability to do formal releases.

The above pair of concepts was offered in $priorCycle as "provisional TLPs"
(pTLP). I believe the idea ended when Sam pointed out that if a pTLP is
trusted, then why not just call it a TLP and trust it to label its releases
appropriately? Thus, just create TLPs immediately for a "podling"

[ I know Ross knows this; but for $others who may want to look at
historical proposals, and compare/contrast to current discussion ... search
for "pTLP" ]

Cheers,
-g