From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP(take2)
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2019 01:19:12 GMT
On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 5:09 PM sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 00:18, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi -
> >
> > > On Mar 5, 2019, at 3:55 PM, 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu.sheng@foxmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Roman
> > >

> > > In the discussion, I started about inviting committers to PMC when graduation,
shows the most PPMC members support this. We will wait another 2 days, in case someone may
say others.

> > > In case PPMC agree, I want to ask the process steps of this. From committer
to PMC, I think each one should be invited and accept to be one. Then, when should the invitation
happens?
> > > Do we need to send invitation and get confirmation before change the graduation
PMC list?
> > > Or we could change the PMC list first, after our graduation proposal is accepted,
we send the invitation.

> > Just put them all on the graduation proposal (the IPMC and board’s approval is
equal to NOTICE) and (unless Infra does it) add them to the PMC in Whimsy once you have graduated
and infrastructure has moved the project LDAP.

> Huh?
> That does not sound right.
>
> The graduation proposal lists the initial PMC membership (committers
> are irrelevant here).
> Adding committers to the proposal (if that is what you meant) is the
> same as adding them to the (initial) PMC.
>
> That can only be done if the committers have agreed to becoming
> members,

That is correct, they need to be offered and they need to agree.

> in which case you might as well add them to the PPMC before
> graduation.

Since PPMC is an artificial construct that isn't recognized by the
foundation -- this part is moot. IOW, after these individuals agree
they may as well be put on the resolution straight away.

Thanks,
Roman.