From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Recommend 'Apache SkyWalking graduation to Top Level Project' resolution to board
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2019 06:21:54 GMT
+1 (binding)
It's good to see SkyWalking is growing up.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 1:21 PM Mick Semb Wever <mck@apache.org> wrote:

> After the latest discussion amongst this dev community on this dev mailing list[1],
presenting Sheng Wu as the PMC Chair and the maturity model[2], and then the discussion again
on the incubator list[3],  a vote for Apache SkyWalking graduating to a top level project
was called and has passed[4]. From the past incubator discussions the PPMC altered the draft
graduation proposal, specifically the proposed PMC list: removing some inactive people and
adding all the podling Committers.

> Apache SkyWalking entered the incubator on December of 2017.  SkyWalking has delivered
8 releases so far in total, and now shows a good cadence of successful releases.

> During the podling's time in the Apache Incubator there has been
>  3200+ commits on development of the project,
>   378 Issues tagged as question in GitHub created, 373 resolved,
>   850+ Pull request created and resolved,
>   97 different contributors,
>     9 elected new committers, and
>     3 elected new PPMC members.
>
> And the dev ML has had 72 participants: https://lists.apache.org/trends.html?dev@skywalking.apache.org:2019
>
> Attached is the draft Resolution for the PPMC and IPMC to vote upon.
>
> Please take a minute to vote on whether or not Apache SkyWalking should
> graduate to a Top Level Project by responding with one of the following:
>
> [ ] +1 Apache SkyWalking should graduate.
> [ ] +0 No opinion
> [ ] -1 Apache SkyWalking should not graduate (please provide the reason)
>
> The VOTE is open for a minimum of 72 hours. As there has been previous discussions on
past versions of this proposal, I have not preluded the vote with a DISCUSS email. If feedback
arises the vote period will be extended in good faith.