From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Responsibilities and Improvements
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2019 21:23:39 GMT
On 3/6/19 10:07 PM, Dmitriy Pavlov wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> There are two independent questions here.
>
> 1) Removal question and its allowance in general:  this question asked
> during every talk I gave related to ASF. My fellows ask me if someone can
> remove Committer or PMCs. Some folks think it is possible by the vote of
> PMC. They refer to docs I've shared: mnemonic project & incubator guide.

I'm not on the board, but if I was, I'd likely ask the same question
again; what are you trying to solve by removing people? What is gained
by removing people? I get that people may see a list of people with 30
our of 40 being inactive as 'noisy', but removing the 30 isn't going to
make the other 10 more active, nor is having inactive people a blocker
for adding more to the list. That you have inactive people on the PMC
is, plainly put, not a problem in itself, nor a blocker, catalyst or
anything for whatever problems may exist. If the only reason is
cosmetic, then that's likely not good enough a reason.