From Chris Lambertus <...@apache.org>
Subject workflow surrounding podling LDAP creation
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2019 17:31:43 GMT

Hi folks,

There are two non-automated processes related to podling creation right now on the Infra side.
One is creating DNS. The other is creating the LDAP entries for the podling. The LDAP creation
is simply a matter of pushing a button in Whimsy. Is there a way the latter could be better
automated? I’m not sure we’re going to get to a point where we can automate the DNS without
oversight (due to the substantial cost of an error/outage) but it seems like we could very
easily automate the podling LDAP group creation.

I’m not sure who has whimsy karma necessary to press the Whimsy button. Perhaps someone
involved in the podling onboarding process outside of Infra could already do this? Maybe we
could make it pressable by Mentors?

Thoughts?

-Chris