From Liu Ted <tedl...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject 回复:Re: Withdraw from Incubator or TLP status?
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 06:49:37 GMT
Hi Sheng, Thanks. Yes, It does mean the original contributor team (or company). I guess the
questions were to understand all possible scenarios and options before they actually move
forward to donating.

Best regards,

Ted Liu,
ASF Member & Sponsor Ambassador

  2019 年 3 月 5 日周二 14:36,吴晟 Sheng Wu<wu.sheng@foxmail.com> 写道:
  Hi
> 1. In the incubation period, because of some special matters, is it also entitled to
voluntarily withdraw?
I think it could be. But I hope this would not happen.Such as the community doesn't think
the ASF fits their requirements(not common case), or retire from incubator because of leaking
activities for a long time.
> After becoming a TLP, can this TLP still have the right to voluntarily withdraw?
I assume you said TLP has right, it means the original contributor team(or company) has right.
Correct me if I am wrong.During the incubator and graduate successfully, the PMC of TLP should
be diversity,new PMC/committer should join the community because of it is open sourced, some
may because trusting ASF.If your withdraw means close sources, even it just means open out
of ASF,I doubt it will success from the PMC vote.
Just my thought:) It is really rare to have this, except retirement, which happens sometimes,
sadly.
------------------Sheng WuApache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, ZipkinTwitter, wusheng1108

------------------ Original ------------------From:  "Liu Ted"<tedliu1@yahoo.com.INVALID>;Date:
 Tue, Mar 5, 2019 02:12 PMTo:  "Incubator General"<general@incubator.apache.org>;Subject:
 Withdraw from Incubator or TLP status?
Hi, A couple of questions are raised from a project who is interested in donating to ASF and
entering the ASF Incubator:
1. In the incubation period, because of some special matters, is it also entitled to voluntarily
withdraw?
2. After becoming a TLP, can this TLP still have the right to voluntarily withdraw?
I searched thru the policies and guidances but cannot find the answers. Could anyone shed
some light here?