From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Pinot (incubating) 0.1.0 RC0
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 05:50:12 GMT
Hi,

> How do you think on this? I discussed with one of our mentors and he was
> fine with including binary LICENSE/NOTICE file to a source code release.

As long as it clear they are for the binary and not the source release I don’t see any issue
with that.

> 2. Can you provide me some example projects that are including
> version/commitid/tag for each listed dependencies as a reference?

As the license can change between versions of a product (see bootstrap for instance) it’s
a good idea to include its version number..

> 3. I guess that the archives that you mention are probably sample data that
> are used for unit/integration tests. If we removed those archives, tests
> will probably fail.

As long as they don’t contain compiled code (and they didn’t last  release I reviewed)
it’s fine.

Thanks,
Justin