From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP(take2)
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 04:06:59 GMT
Hi -

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 4, 2019, at 7:52 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> HI,
>
>> Removing those two initial PPMC that have since been quiet has not been done, I'm
waiting on confirmation on whether that is needed/requested.

> The PPMC should be able to discuss that and work that out themselves and come up with
the right answer if they are ready for graduation.

> I was just looking at this month board report and noticed these in SkyWalking report:
>
> "Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
>  1. IP clearance.
>  3. First ASF release. (SkyWalking 5.0)
>  3. Further ASF culture and processes.
>  7. Clear Brand issues with other ecosystem projects.“
>
> If possible can one of the PPMC members / mentors explain what these issue are in a little
more detail. It’s seems a little unusual for these things to be listed and presumably unresolved
if the project is considering graduation, especially the IP clearance issue. I can see the
whimsey page (probably incorrectly) states that "No Software Grant and No IP Clearance Filed”
[1]

Whimsy uses an extra status file that is not well documented in content/podlings/skywalking.yml
which is completely manual and duplicates in an easier format than content/projects/skywalking.xml

I’ve been looking at this in light of the whole clutch process. See threads on general@.

Regards,
Dave