From "Mick Semb Wever" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP(take2)
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2019 03:34:45 GMT

> > > That can only be done if the committers have agreed to becoming
> > > members,
> >
> > That is correct, they need to be offered and they need to agree.
> >
> > > in which case you might as well add them to the PPMC before
> > > graduation.
> >
> > Since PPMC is an artificial construct that isn't recognized by the
> > foundation -- this part is moot. IOW, after these individuals agree
> > they may as well be put on the resolution straight away.
>
> Yes, and LDAP will need to be adjusted in Whimsy after graduation.
>
> I think there are two choices:
> 1) follow the normal route to add committers to the PPMC and copy the
> final list to the proposal.
>  This means sending a NOTICE to the IPMC, etc.
>
> 2) Conditionally invite the committers (proposal could fail), and add
> them to the proposal.
> Don't add them to the PPMC (because there has been no IPMC NOTICE)
> If the proposal succeeds, then Whimsy can be used to update LDAP membership.

Thanks for the clarification. I was becoming quite confused and unhelpful as a mentor at one
point there :-)

My understanding, with discussions with Sheng, is that they presumed (2) was possible and
currently are following that approach. The confirmation by each of the current Committers
that they are happy to become PMC should be cc'd to the private@skywalking ML.

Sheng, can you also get confirmation from the mentors that they wish to be part of the graduated
PMC. You have that confirmation from me.

cheers,
Mick